Friday, May 17, 2013

Get Greens into your Toddler

I find it difficult to get greens into Oliver's diet... not because he is picky but because I typically eat my greens plain and that just doesn't appeal to Oliver. So I have become pretty creative with getting greens into his diet. He loves eggs... Egg yolks were his first solid food and to this day he loves his eggs in the morning. So here is how I make Green Eggs and Ham...lol (No ham in this recipe...)

Ingredients:

  • 3 organic eggs
  • handful of organic cilantro and parsley
  • fistful of organic super greens
  • organic butter
  • 1 organic garlic clove
  • Pinch of salt


Melt some butter in your pan. I can not make eggs without butter it is sacrilegious in my family to use anything else.
Chop up your herbs very finely you could even use a food processor or blender.
Grab a fistful of greens...
And chop up those bad boys too...pretty finely.
Toss all greens and herbs into the hot butter.
Press or finely grate the garlic in with a pinch of salt.
Add in your eggs. I buy super eggs at the farmers market and they are always twins.
Scramble them up...
Keep scrambling...
And there you have it green eggs.
No complaints here...





1 comment:

  1. What a great recipe!! I can't wait to try this. Brielle loves her eggs too!

    ReplyDelete