Friday, May 17, 2013

Less is MORE: The Baby Registry Illusion

Being a first time mom is quite overwhelming. You have no idea what to expect from labor & delivery to what your child will need or be like... It is a roller coaster to say the least.

If I could go back and change one thing it would be to buy so much less!

After the baby shower my husband and I went on our baby shopping spree like most (first-time) parents do. Overwhelmed by the plethora of things there are (mostly gimmicks) we quickly started buying everything we "thought" we would need...and we bought a lot of stuff. I have never dropped the amounts of money in stores like we did that day... $300 here and $500 there and we didn't even buy baby furniture like cribs, changing tables, and such. It is so crazy when you come to think about how much people really do spend on a baby. 

After Oliver was born day after day, week after week, moth after month... I started to notice that most ( 99%) of the things I bought I NEVER used! The worst part you can never get a full refund for all you spend...bummer. I was able to return stuff for store credit, however I wanted/needed stuff not found in those stores...

So if I was to go back in time and re due my baby registry...it would look like this: 



No comments:

Post a Comment