Saturday, September 22, 2012

Slingin' in the Rain!

Well actually we were wrapping in the rain but slinging was a better fit for the title :).
   
    Just want to add some more benefits of wearing your baby. Today has been a non stop rainy and dark day so it was a stay indoors type of day. Baby Oliver was getting cranky, don't know if it is because of teething, maybe has daddy's cold, or was just bored to death... so I decided to take him out doors. Since the rain wasn't very strong I wrapped him up, took an umbrella, and around the blocks we went. He was so peaceful and happy to be outdoors regardless of the rain. I couldn't have done this with a stroller... it is just more natural for me to wear him, and he loves it too.  Also the wrap turned my pajama/night gown into a dress, hid the fact I wasn't wearing a bra and also protected the baby from mosquitoes (notice I tucked his feet into the wrap). Also, if  wrapped correctly with good wrap, it is extremely comfortable to wear your baby.

I am using a homemade cotton gauze wrap which is ideal for
Florida because it is so HOT. There are many options out
 there for materials for wraps... not all are created equal! 

That's our new $2.99 Ikea Umbrella.

 
Another awesome benefit of baby wearing is that you can breastfeed your baby in the wrap... this is great on many occasions. Here are some pictures of how this is done. Obviously baby has to be nice and high on your chest and have easy access to his milk supply. 
Oliver got hungry from the walk!



He is getting sleepy....

He is OUT! Within minutes!

Feeding with no hands. I was able to take these pictures myself!

When in public you can raise the wrap up to cover the back of baby's
head for more privacy or even wear a jacket  as well. 

It has been such a crappy day and my hubby is feeling crappy so I will leave you with some cute baby pictures to make it better!

Playing soccer indoors with my 1st soccer ball
given to me by my uncle Carlos! 

Getting stronger... preparing to crawl!

My rainy day friends!

TOES

Daddy's coughing and sneezing are funny to me!

1 comment:

  1. "the wrap turned my pajama/night gown into a dress, hid the fact I wasn't wearing a bra"

    ... lol, keep on keeping it real and honest, loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete